Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Memory Project


This past year I heard of "The Memory Project" through Facebook and I felt compelled to be a part of this wonderful project. The Memory project gives an opportunity for art teachers or even artists to get involved with children who have been orphaned, neglected, or disadvantaged. What better way than to give of your talent and time by placing a smile on the face of these children. 

I received a child from Nepal. 


I decided to create a watercolor portrait. So I sketched it out, inked, and began laying 
down some shadows ….
Sketched, Ink and laying down some shadows.

She is starting to come along. 

Now for more layers, and the portrait begins to take shape. 


After Layering, I add some details with colored pencils.




If you would like to participate or  find out more about the Memory Project  follow the link. 

Can't wait to see how this lovely young lady enjoys her picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment